Jump to page content
The Pequod
Dr Alistair Brown | Associate lecturer in English Literature; researching video games and literature

Recent Posts

Twitter @alibrown18

New Essay

Through exploring the psychopathology of Capgras syndrome, in which a patient mistakes a loved one for an imposter, The Echo Maker offers a sustained meditation on the ways in which we project our own problems onto other people. As a reflection on the mysteries of consciousness, the novel offers some interesting if not especially new insights into the fuzzy boundaries between scientific and literary interpretations of the mind. Read more


Two New Poems

Monday, December 18, 2006

My poetry writing has dropped off over the last couple of years. Partly, this is because I am no longer immersed in it, as I was as an undergraduate. Without the training in slow-paced appreciation poetry reading brings, and without the subconscious cues of rhythm working in the back of my mind through the day, I seem not to have the same impulse to spend a patient hour, two hours writing. I can't remember precisely when I wrote the last poem published on this site, "The Spaceman," but it must be over a year ago now.

So I am happy that today, suffering from a bout of endoftermitis, and not feeling inspired to do my conventional work, I decided to revisit a couple of poems I had half-written in the last twelve months. And after sitting down to them properly, I think I have them in a state where they can go online, for your comments and advice. As I have said, I don't necessarily like discussing the origins for my poems, except where this discussion forces me to interrogate and understand my motivations and execution of ideas, so I do not want to say anything more about the two here. Instead, in classic exam style, please read and discuss "Pass Over" and "Radio Ga Ga" now!

Labels: ,

Posted by Alistair at 2:34 pm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Masters Dissertation said...

Whenever i see the post like your's i feel that there are helpful people who share information for the help of others, it must be helpful for other's. thanx and good job.

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this website is Copyright © 2009 using a Creative Commons Licence. One term of this copyright policy is that Plagiarism is theft. If using information from this website in your own work, please ensure that you use the correct citation.

Valid XHTML 1.0. Level A conformance icon, W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. | Labelled with ICRA.